International Education Week is here, and we have more events than ever before. No matter what you are interested in, you can find something you can enjoy during International Education Week. Have lunch or dinner with your friends in Crown Commons - they are hosting a week of International Cuisine from around the world. Each day offers food from a different region - Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Come enjoy the delicious food and world culture.
If you are not a foodie, don’t worry, we still have something for you. Come watch a movie - we have several award-winning movies from around the world that relate to international topics and issues.
• Sleepwalking Land is about how an orphaned trying to find his family in war-torn Mozambique. The film displays the power of imagination for surviving, and ultimately overcoming, the devastation of war.
• Nobody Knows is about how young boy in Tokyo trying manages the household and take care his three younger siblings after his mother abandons them. How the children find new ways to survive after the money runs out. Based on a true story.
• Gegen Die Wand is about two German Turks who decide to marry each other when they meet at the hospital after they tried to commit suicide.
• Trade is a story about a girl was kidnapped by underground traffic trying to escape from the brutal global underworld, and how her brother and police determined to rescue her. A socially conscious film, Trade does not look away or glance over the horrors of the sex trade, even in the most painful of details.
• A Journey to Darfur is promote awareness and education on genocide, hatred, mass violence and human right violations pertaining to historical atrocities and similar current conflicts.
If you are more of a social person, come to our international food sampler and international coffee hour to meet some new friends from around the world. Or join us for the brown bag lunch travel presentation, our presenters will share their international travel experience with you in the luncheon.
Prefer to be active? Recreational Services is hosting several dance classes; including Zumba, Salsa and Ballroom and Latin Dance over the week. Come get your international groove on.
Join us to celebrate UNC Charlotte’s global nature - history, language, film, culture, speakers, food, coffee and much, much more are combined for an exciting international experience. For the list of the events visit our website at http://www.oip.uncc.edu/IntEdWk.htm.
Eat. Drink. Learn. Think. Read. Do. Go Global.